Create a fun, easy-going atmosphere at your next spring fling. Easily transform your everyday dining décor with a few simple additions. Make a feature wall, and accessorize your table with candlesticks, party favour boxes, and some straws and glassware. Incorporate some punches of colour by adding your favourite pretty tapes, by Scotch™ Brand. This project will impress your guests and leave them reminiscing about your party HOT spot!
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
TIME NEEDED: Approximately 2 hours.
SCOTCH® BRAND SUPPLIES:
1. Scotch™ Expressions™ Metallic Tape, gold
2. Scotch™ Expressions™ Glitter Tape, green
3. Scotch™ Expressions™ Washi Tape, Pink and green
4. Scotch™ Precision Ultra Edge Scissors
- Craft store wedding favour size, plain white 5“x 5“cube box.
- Stemless glassware.
- Permanent marker.
- Gold striped straws.
- Big box store taper candle holders in two – three different heights.
- Table cloth, napkins and flowers
1. Apply Scotch™ Tape in single colour to the top of first candlestick holder.
2. Using a different colour of Scotch™ Tape each time, apply to the second and third candlestick holders.
Party Favour Boxes:
1. Place a strip of tape in the first colour, closest to the left top edge of the box. Continue to wrap the tape all the way around the box. Press down to secure the tape.
2. Repeat with the same colour, going in the same direction as the first piece, but leave a small space between the two strips.
3. Turn the box a quarter turn, counter clockwise and place a new colour of tape closest to the right top edge of the box. Continue to wrap the tape all the way around the box. Press down to secure the tape.
4. Repeat with the same colour, going in the same direction as the first piece, but leave a small space between the two strips.
5. Choose your third colour of tape to apply the fifth and final piece of tape to the box. Place this piece of tape beside the piece that was just placed.
Straws and Glassware:
1. Wrap a piece of Scotch™ Tape in half, around the straw, just below the tip.
2. Snip a triangle out of the ends of tape.
3. Repeat first two steps, with each straw, using alternating coordinating colours of Scotch™ Glitter, Scotch™ Metallic and Scotch™ Washi Tape.
4. Using Scotch™ Washi Tape in Green and Pink, cut 2“ long strips.
5. Place one colour strip on half of the glasses, and the other colour strip on the other half of the glasses.
6. Using a permanent marker write your guests names on the glasses, as you serve their beverage.
1. Using (3) different colours of tape make (6) random geometric designs on the wall, (2) in each colour.
2. Starting at the floor or baseboard, stick your first colour of tape(gold) on the wall, going on an angle and moving up the wall towards the ceiling. Re-trace your step with your hand to ensure tape is stuck.
3. Using the same colour of your first strip and starting off where the last piece ended. Slightly overlap the tape and go on an angle moving down the wall towards the floor. You now have your first triangle.
4. Using your second colour of tape (green) repeat step 2, 3 & 4. Make sure these two new triangles intersect the first two.
5. To complete the final step, use the third coloured tape (pink) to overlap over the green.
EXPERT TIP: If your dining room is not large enough to accommodate your expected crowd, then alternatively, this project would be pretty in any room that will be identified as the central gathering area for the party!
Want more inspiration, visit me at: http://amandaforrest.com/