Alas, summer is here! It’s the time of year when the sun is shining, the birds are chirping and also the season for celebrating recent Grads, birthday parties and backyard get-togethers.
When it comes time to honour that special someone with a nicely wrapped gift, why settle for looking the ‘same old’ when you can customize and add a little extra love?
This week, we’re explaining how to create beautiful, custom, gift-wrap solutions using Scotch® Expressions Washi Tape.
Let us know if you like this idea, or if you would like to see more like it.
The Scotch® Brand Team… xox
SKILL LEVEL: Basic
TIME NEEDED: Approximately 20 to 30 minutes
Scotch® Brand Supplies:
You can buy these items at a Staples store near you.
• Sharp knife
• Coloured string (or baker’s twine)
• Coloured cardstock
• Gift boxes
• Cutting mat
- Plan and prep. Make sure you have all of your items ready and accessible to start the project.
- Flag Bunting. Take your string and fold a piece of Scotch® Expressions Washi Tape over itself so it adheres. Use scissors to cut excess tape and to cut two angled lines, so a triangle is made. Leave about half-an-inch of string, and then repeat the step to create your next flag.
- Wrapping.Work through this process for the entire length of the string you choose, or to achieve your desired look. Once your string of bunting is complete, begin to wrap it around your gift in a ribbon-like fashion and use a piece of tape as part of your design to secure the end in place.
- Name Card. Cut your coloured cardstock to a size that’s suitable for the size of your package. We suggest approximately 2.5 x 4 inches. Secure the name tag to the box by using Scotch® Expressions Washi Tape on either side. To get the look here, place your tape down on the cutting board, cut a triangle out of it, and then transfer it to your package (with half on the box and other half on the cardstock).
And there it is! Some hand-crafted and customized gift wrap that may help make that special someone feel honoured.
Looking for some more details and where to get some of these items? Feel free to follow our good friend Allison’s blog. As an Interior Designer, she has more tips to help you out!
3M and Scotch are trademarks of 3M. Used under license in Canada.© 2014, 3M. All rights reserved.