Transform your new dorm space by using photos to make your space feel on trend and in the zone just in time for school. Embellish a plain wall with tape that coordinates with your style. For best results mix and match 4 – 6 different colours, textures and patterns of tape to make a temporary photo frame that adds style to your side table, dresser and desk. This project is so quick and easy you can complete it when need a break from studying. Get creative just in time to hit the books!
SKILL LEVEL: Easy
TIME NEEDED: Approximately 60 minutes
SCOTCH® BRAND SUPPLIES:
1. Scotch™ Expressions™ Metallic Tape, gold, & silver
2. Scotch™ Expressions™ Glitter Tape, green
3. Scotch™ Expressions™ Washi Tape, orange, and patterns
4. Scotch™ Precision Ultra Edge Scissors
• Big box store table
• Printed photos
Decorated Dorm Table With Art Space:
1. Apply Scotch™ Expressions™ Tape in horizontal lines starting at one corner of the table, then the other.
2. This project can be created using any pattern format as the tape is easily repositionable.
TIP: This project would be pretty on a dresser top too!
Dorm Art Space:
1. Print photos on a home computer and printer and continue creating your cool space using the same tape as I used on the table.
2. Create a frame for the photos using Scotch™ Expressions™ Tape applied to the photo and wall in a random application. The more abstract the better!
3. Alternate tape colours for an eclectic look or use all the same tape colours for a more modern look.
EXPERT TIP: Try adding Scotch™ Expressions™ Tape to a mirror to create a custom look.
*Test tape on wall paint before using, alternatively art could be added to large blank bristol boards.
Want more inspiration, visit me at: http://amandaforrest.com/